So, I’ve finally been tagged in this very interesting series of blog posts, where bloggers tag one another and challenge each other with a set of 11 questions! It’s such a great way to get to know members of your PLN better. A definite breath of fresh air from the conventional language-education laden posts!
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
If you’re tagged:
a) Acknowledge the blogger who has nominated you
b) Share 11 random facts about yourself
c) Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger asked you
d) Nominate 11 more bloggers of your choice
e) Post 11 questions for the nominated bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated.Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you!
And here goes:
11 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I love singing. I’ve performed on stage many times since I was young and will do so anytime I get an opportunity.
2. I’m terrible at remembering birthdays. My sister has taken it as her lifetime mission to remind me of all the important birth dates.
3. I think food unites people together. I love inviting friends to my home, meticulously planning the meal and feeding them like there’s no tomorrow. I love food. Sadly,this is not going to go along with item (7) below.
4. I’m not very proud of myself in hiking, especially when descending. I always feel like I’m going to slip and fall.
5. I’ve recently completed classes to obtain a Certificate in Baking from the Malaysian Institute of Baking.
6. I watch Criminal Minds because of Shemar Moore. Shemar Moore. Shemar Moore. He’s handsome and makes my knees go weak! **sigh**
7. Losing weight is my lifetime goal, no matter what people say. When I was 16, I’ve attempted throwing up and almost became bulimic. I’ve starved myself into getting gastric before. I’ve long since outgrown that.
8. I love making people laugh, and being around people who make me laugh.
9. I love yoga, everything spiritual, believe in reincarnation and am a vegetarian.I go by my intuition more than my logic.
10. I once climbed over my neighbour’s 6 ft tall fence to pluck some beautiful flowers when my neighbour was out of town. Obviously, my neighbour wasn’t very fond of it.
11. When I was 8, my dad told me that he’d get me a set of 36 colored pencils if I got the top score in class. I didn’t. So, during Physical Education, I snuck back into the classroom, stole the top scorer’s exam papers, erased and wrote my name instead of hers, and slipped the exam paper into my bag. Of course, the teacher found out, called my parents, and I received a warning letter from the school. My dad still teases me about it.:P
ANNE HENDLER’S QUESTIONS TO ME!
1. What was your very first job?
A data-entry clerk to a company lawyer.
2. What is your most valuable possession?
I’d say a few. My purse,cellphone,wedding ring and pendant.
3. Where do you want to go to retire?
I’ve never really thought about it.
4. What is the most important thing you learned from your parents/ parental figures?
How to love, love and unconditionally love your children that you’re willing to sacrifice so much for their best interest.
5. Mountains or Ocean?
Mountains. I love looking down from the Mountains.
6. Most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
The glorious sunset at the cliff of Uluwatu, Bali. It was so ethereal I felt like I was in another world. Bali itself exists in another realm. A truly magical place.
7. What’s your favorite blog post you’ve written?
‘Learning to See’ for the ITDI blog. It is a constant reminder to myself that being a human far surpasses being a teacher.
8. Favorite education quote?
When you take a step towards your teacher, the teacher takes 9 steps towards you.
9. Have you ever done something adventurous? Please share!
I’ve hiked inside the biggest limestone cave in Malaysia called Gua Tempurung. It’s filled with stalactites and stalagmites. At one point, the passing between the stalactites and the riverbed was so narrow we had to move through the narrow passing on our backs with the sharp stalactites just inches from our eyes. One wrong move and it pierces right into your eyes. That was a rush of adrenaline for me!
10. The correct number of hours of sleep is ______ in 24.
7 in 24. I can operate without food but my system totally shuts down without sleep.
11. What is something you do that has absolutely no connection to TESOL?
Organizing events and baking.
Now that I’m done answering Anne’s questions, it’s time to select the next 11 bloggers, and here they go!
MY QUESTIONS FOR THEM:
1. What’s your signature dish?
2. If there are two things you could change about the way you look, what would it be?
3. Devil’s food cake or cheesecake?
4. How do you relax and wind down?
5. Which book would you strongly recommend to your PLN members?
6. What’s the most dangerous risk that you’ve taken in your life?
7. Hapiness is _______________________________________.
8. What irks you?
9. How do plan your investments?
10. Describe your very first day of teaching in the language classroom.
11. Time is an illusion, What say you?
Let’s get the ball rolling, friends!:)